Monday, December 3, 2007

Thanksgiving Day

yummy pumpkin pie
Kristin is REALLY excited about the big dinner!
All us ladies excited about all the delicious food we made!!

This year I had the privilege of experiencing Thanksgiving with my friends-turned-family and despite being in a country where veggie-turkey slices, cranberry sauce, stuffing, and pumpkin pie are not easy to find (impossible actually), the holiday was quite delicious, memorable and fun! Kaitlin’s family and Tara’s dad and step-mom were visiting for the week and so we were able to have quite a large get-together, minus the real turkey of course:-). My mom sent down pumpkin pie fixings and other delicious thanksgiving additions, and so I was able to make pumpkin pie, which turned out quite delicious I must say. All of us ladies spent the morning and afternoon cooking lots of food. When we were actually able to sit down and eat, it was all quite delicious. Even our Peruvian friends living with us were able to enjoy our special day of thanks with us!

1 comment:

Joe said...

Pumpkin Pie, My favorite!

Did you make that?

Looks like a feast!